Sunday 17 May 2015

My New Venture to High End Hair Care Brand :Phytokeratine Shampoo


Hey guys,

Okay, this is probably the most expensive hair product I've ever bought! I don't even know what I was thinking that I dared enough to splurge on this! *sigh* Hmmm, I think I recall. First time I saw this product at Guardian, the SA gave me a booklet and I did a brief research online. I found that there were a lot of positive reviews on most products so I decided to give it a go. 

First of all, let's take a look at the packaging of the shampoo. It comes in a metal bottle with a flip cap (that can also be a screw cap) and silver color. And when I say metal, it really is a thick metal! So, the price is pretty much reflected from the bottle material, eh?! The design is very simple which is probably meant to give impression that the product is made from natural ingredients. For almost IDR 300K (or approximately US$ 23), you get a 200ml bottle (only in one size).

Phytokeratine Repairing Shampoo

The shampoo itself has natural white (not milky white but a bit dirty white) color and lotioney texture. The liquid is pretty thin and quite runny. Here comes the weakness of the cap. It has a pretty big hole so you have to be careful when pouring out the shampoo because you don't wanna spill your $$$. The liquid has very faint natural scent just like green leaves. 


The shampoo doesn't lather as much as common shampoo. Probably because it has less chemical ingredients. No matter how much liquid I put on my hair, the bubbles won't come that much. When I massage my hair with the shampoo, it feels a bit dry. Probably also because there's not much chemical in it. But then when I rinse my hair, it feels naturally soft, but not super smooth. Then I usually continue with conditioner from other brands. 

If I use it alone (without rinse-off conditioner afterwards), the shampoo doesn't soften my hair as much as I expected. But still it has much better effect than all those local shampoo I buy in the supermarket. Maybe if I used the product range (from shampoo, conditioner to leave-on treatment), the result would be much much better. But, what can I do? This shampoo alone has torn up my wallet :( :( :(

I think I would recommend this to those who can afford to spend for a complete product range. I mean, it's worth to try if you have some extra and want to treat your hair with something more natural. But if you can only purchase 1 product (and probably won't continue using this, like me), you'd better find something cheaper. Trust me, there are still many good options out there (but sadly, not in Indonesia :( )

I give this product 2 out of 5. Sorry, but for the price is just not friendly and the quality is not that awesome.

Xoxo,
~dolliechic~

No comments:

Post a Comment