Thursday 2 June 2011

Etude House Baby Skin Veiling Pact

Hi there readers!!!
I am sooo sorry for being absent for quite a while! I've been busy with my school and work here (yeah, I got a job already ^___^) and when at home, I'm such a lazy cat! Though I've been absent blogging, I'm sure still continuing my adventure here (shopping adventure!!! :-p )

Actually, I have bought some new babies recently. One of them was ETUDE HOUSE BABY SKIN VEILING PACT. It claims to have SPF 22/ PA++. It's not enough to protect your skin from harmful skin rays, so never forget to apply sunscreen beneath the powder! I was running out of my beloved Enprani Loose Powder and considering to buy a new loose powder. But since I could not find Enprani Loose powder at Watson and Cosmed (they have Enprani skin care and BB cream though), so I decided to try something else.

Anddd.. I finally picked ETUDE HOUSE BABY SKIN VEILING PACT to be paired with my ETUDE HOUSE BABY SKIN FOUNDATION. I chose shade number 2, similar to the foundie. It was my bday month when I bought it, so I got 23% discount for the pact. The actual price was NT $359 (or 399??) . So I just paid around NT 300 after discount.

My first impression to this powder was : CUTE and SWEET. It's so girly but somehow a bit childish! :-p
The casing is made of plastic with slightly hologram pastel pink color and there is an Etude brand carving on the top of the case. However the decoration inside the case is dull. Even the plastic separator is only a thin cheapo plastic. Well, what you pay is what you get anyways.

There's nothing serious to complain about the outer look actually, but my disappointment came when I first applied it on top of my Skin79 Diamond Absolute Total BB cream. It does not glide smoothly and evenly on top of my BB cream!! (>___<") When I wear KATE compact, KATE always covers my skin smoothly, no cakey look, no heavy look! But this Etude compact powder is a HORRID to be paired with my BB!! :"(

The coverage is light but the look that it gives is not satisfying and rather disappointing!!
But then I keep on wearing this powder. But I tried to pair it to the Baby Skin Foundie. And I finally found it quite pretty to wear on top of the foundie :) It gives me a baby looking skin indeed, even during daytime. I usually apply Etude sunscreen beneath the foundie and the compact on top of the foundie. It's not cakey and quite natural. I kinda love it now! ;)
But I won't pair it with BB cream anymore and not even on top of sunscreen (without foundie!). I remember, when I tried to wear it over sunscreen, I ended up looking dull and unnatural after several hours! That was terrible!! I don't think it has oil control function so I don't recommend it to girls who have oily skin.

The powder shade (without flash)

The powder shade (with flash)

I rate this powder 2 out of 5, since it only works well when paired with the foundie. I will not buy this compact powder anymore, even if there is a 50% off! :(  

No comments:

Post a Comment