Sunday 16 October 2016

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder


Hey guys,

A few months ago when I had some serious breakouts on my face, I thought I needed something to cover up the redness on my cheeks. I usually only have my Lancome BB complete during daytime, which only gives me a light coverage. Then, I looked for a loose powder that has more coverage but is still safe for acne prone skin. Laura Mercier turned out to be one of the best loose powders on the list of a beauty website. Thus, I asked my mum to buy one for me during her travel to Hong Kong. Yes, it's not available in Jakarta, yet! But you can actually buy it online at some Instagram sellers or local beauty-shop websites.

And finally, I got this! I was excited to try it out and see how it goes on me. Now, let's take a look at the packaging first!



Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder comes in a clear plastic jar with a dark brown cap. For the price of IDR 650,000 (USD $50), you get quite a generous amount of powder, which is 29gr.! There's no powder sponge/puff provided in the package. I think it's because they suggests you to use a powder brush instead of sponge/puff. I got mine in translucent color, which I think, is the most popular shade.


The powder is very finely milled and smooth. It glides well on my face and able to set my BB cream perfectly. It creates smooth and matte but not dull finish on my skin. It covers the redness on my face with a natural skin color. It is fragrance-free. The staying power and oil-control are satisfying. I usually apply it in the morning before going to work at 8 AM and it keeps my face looking fresh until evening. 

FOTD with Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
Unfortunately, after removing my makeup, I notice that new pimples or bumps come out on my cheeks area. I think my skin is sensitive to the ingredients of the powder, because it doesn't happen if I only wear my Lancome or Bobbi Brown BB with Bobbi Brown blush. Unlike my Estee Lauder Perfecting Loose Powder, I found that apparently this product doesn't claim to be either "oil-free" or "non-comedogenic" :( 

I had no choice but to stop using this powder! And I did the right thing. After I stop using this and switch to Estee Lauder, my acne treatment goes better. My skin has improved a lot. All the acne bumps have shrunk and I just need to care for the acne scars and maintain the cleanliness of my skin every day. 

I rate this product 3.5 out of 5. I really like the finish it creates, the staying power, and the price makes it even better! I only regret that it's not suitable for my acne-prone skin :(


No comments:

Post a Comment