Sunday 23 October 2016

Welcoming my new anti-acne skincare regime :)


Hey guys,

A few months ago, my face got another acne attacks again! At that time, I was using cleanser products from mixed brands: oil cleanser from Kose Softymo, Clean&Clear facial wash, and facial scrub from St. Ives. I neither scrubbed nor used face mask regularly, which probably caused my breakout :( And my moisturizer was from Clinique anti-blemish range, which was already reviewed on one of my previous posts.

OK, I think that regime didn't work out for me! Therefore I returned to Dr. Wong's Klinik Permata acne-care products. After 2-3 months, my acnes had not recovered entirely. I was quite desperate and lazy to go back to the clinic and purchase the products. So, I talked to some colleagues and got advised to try common acne solution products. And finally, after browsing and having a little research on some skin care brands, I decided to give these products a shot: Sebamed Clear Face Gentle Scrub, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, Sebamed Clear Face Anti-pimple Gel, Bioderma Sensibio Tonique, Avene Hydrance Optimale and Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution Serum.


I didn't buy those products all at once. But I've tried all of them. Only I just purchased the Bioderma toner yesterday, so I've just tried it twice. Here's what I think about each of them:

1. Sebamed Clear Face Gentle Scrub 150gr.
I use this scrub almost everyday for more than a month now. I usually only use it at night, after cleansing my makeup with cleansing oil. I just think scrubbing can cleanse my face better since it removes the oil and dirt to the pores. I don't scrub twice a day because I don't see it necessary to scrub in the morning and to avoid my skin from drying. So far, I think Sebamed does a great job cleansing my skin. It doesn't dry my skin and really improves my skin condition from acne. 

The texture of the product is creamy and quite thick with white cream color and blue scrub beads. This has no fragrance and soap. I believe I bought this at IDR 155k (approx. US$ 12). This product only comes in one size, which is 150gr. I think it's a fair price for such amount and product quality.
I rate Sebamed Scrub 5 out of 5. I am satisfied and have no complaints for this one! :) 

2. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser 125mL
This was recommended by my colleague. She said she has been using it for quite a while and recommended it to a few friends who finally like it too. 

This cleanser comes in 2 variants: for all skin type and oily skin. Since I have used Sebamed Scrub for oily skin, I don't want my second cleanser to be oil-absorbing too. So, I opted for this one and am happy that I did. This product has jelly (or jell-o??) texture which looks a bit like boogey (euuhh!!). This gel cleanser has no solid color. It is unscented and soap-free. I think this makes a good cleanser for people with sensitive skin. This cleanser can also be used for body cleanser. The price for 125mL packsize is IDR 125K (approx. US$ 9) but it is often discounted at 30% at Watsons and Guardian. 

This product works pretty well on me. But, because it doesn't have foam, sometimes I feel like it doesn't cleanse my skin as clean as I'd like. Which is probably why I usually use it in the morning, before applying makeup. It is very light and can also be used without rinsing your face but wiping wet towel on your face. I rate this product 4.5 out of 5. Somehow, I feel cleaner with a little bit of foam in my facial wash. 

3. Bioderma Sensibio Tonique 250mL
I just bought this one yesterday and have used it only twice. I will update this review later after 1-2 weeks. 

I bought this at Guardian for IDR 264K (approx. US$ 20).

4. Sebamed Clear Face Anti-pimple Gel 10gr.
I really like this product! It has a very light and clear gel texture, which is pretty similar to the acne-gel from dr. Wong. It neither affects my makeup nor dry my skin surface. I combine this one with my Mario Badescu drying cream and acne serum, which I only use at night. I apply this on the acne spots after face toner and before serum/moisturizer. I rate this product 4 out of 5 since I still have no idea whether it can banish cystic and severe acnes. 

I bought this at Guardian for IDR 90K (approx. US$ 7). 

5. Avene Hydrance Optimale 30mL

6. Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solutions 30mL

1 comment: